In these difficult times of the pandemic, with social distancing and sanitizing, many are wondering if they should put their decisions to sell their homes “on hold.” Why would one want to sell now after an unprecedented shut down of the economy? Actually, there are several good reasons why this is a good time to list your home.
- Buyers are tired of playing a waiting game and are actively looking again, beginning with the internet and social media. They are ready and willing to purchase, with most already having mortgage pre-approvals or cash on hand.
- Mortgage interest rates are at an all time low and mortgage companies and brokers are wanting to increase business.
- Demographics are rapidly changing from crowded cities to more urban and suburban areas. People are ready to move.
- Open houses can be done virtually or in person with safety measures in place. Listing realtors can make arrangements for either to be done at a convenient time for buyers.
- Inventory is currently lower than average for this time of year, so there is less competition. Many sellers are finding they are getting full price offers, and some with multiple offers, giving them a chance for negotiation.
- Home values are stable and some areas have even risen since March. There are very few foreclosures competing in the current market, thereby allowing home prices to increase.
Now is the time to sell in the current market situation. This is the opportune time to take advantage of home prices AND our discounted commission rates! Call or email Barbara for a market analysis and price range of what you can expect to receive from the sale of your home.