Quick Home Fixes
Since more people are choosing to remain in their homes for more years than usual instead of selling, different rooms of the house are getting more usage and therefore have some “home strain” and may need some fixing up or just regular maintenance. Here are some quick fixes as listed in Florida Realtor’s Magazine:
- Clean the dishwasher filter to increase the longevity of it.
- Make sure the smoke detectors work and the batteries are fresh.
- Check under bathroom sinks for any signs of leaks and add a smart sensor to monitor any that may occur.
- Consider replacing light bulbs with LEDs to use one-fifth of energy.
- Review laundry room hoses for any cracking or brittle bits and make sure they are in good condition.
- Fix any water drains in the yard that may be prone to flooding with heavy rains, and repair or replace any damaged irrigation heads.
- Regularly change AC filters and have professional maintenance done.
- Look for exterior cracks in outside stucco that may need to be repaired and repainted.
- Make sure there are no loose or damaged shingles on the roof.
- Trim exterior tree branches or any other landscaping that is too close to the home.
It’s wise to just do an overall assessment of the interior and exterior of the home to determine any small repairs that could prevent much larger ones in the future. When the time is right to sell, the home will be ready for any kind of inspection that needs to be done.