Some people think buying a home is easy since they can shop online, find something they like and then just sign some papers. But not so fast! Here are just some of the things a realtor helps with:
Realtors Help You Get Started:
- Realtors educate clients on the home buying process and coordinate a plan. They understand your budget and explain what will be needed financially.
- They search the local MLS to find the best matches and arrange tours of homes and neighborhoods.
- They handle negotiations to get the best price and terms.
Realtors Help You Achieve Homeownership:
- Realtors coordinate professional home inspections, consultations with lenders and necessary property assessments.
- They navigate state and federal forms and follow important contract deadlines.
- A realtor will research mortgage rates, terms and reputable lenders and will coordinate with them.
- They work with necessary parties to ensure all contractual terms are completed by closing and will advocate for the buyer throughout the entire process.
- Realtors provide guidance for walk throughs prior to closing to ensure property condition and they review the buyer’s closing statement to ensure accuracy.
- A realtor will make sure all required actions are complete in advance, including the transfer of all utilities, so that closing day is a celebration, rather than a stressful situation.
- There are many more steps that a realtor will complete for you, from the date of contract to closing!
And most importantly, a good realtor will remain a lifelong friend and trusted advisor. So don’t do it alone. Buying a home is not as simple as you think!